I saw this fun thing on Bathtub Junkie and thought that I would participate:
1. How do you like your eggs? Toad in the hole is my new favorite… it’s got to have a runny yolk but NO runny whites! Runny whites = yuck! (Toad in the hole is when you cut a hole in a piece of bread, put the bread in the pan, and crack the egg into the hole. It’s yummy!)
2. How do you take your coffee/tea? I like cream/sugar in my coffee and just sugar in my tea, although occasionally I’ll put milk in my tea if I’m in the mood for it. Herbal tea I like plain.
3. Favorite breakfast food: I like cold cereal or a bagel in the morning. But, I will eat other breakfast foods any time of day. Pancakes or waffles for dinner is always nice!
4. Peanut butter – smooth or crunchy? Smooth! And I would rather not eat the kind with oil on top, found some good organic PB that is blended and a little sweet!
5. What kind of dressing on your salad? I like a pretty wide variety, a simple vinaigrette is nice but I also like French (think: popular in the 70’s) and bleu cheese!
6. Coke or Pepsi? I’ll drink either! I like it best out of a fountain on ice!
7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Mac and cheese out of a box! (ducking and running)
8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? I like pepperoni with black olives! Had tuna on a pizza in Germany, that rocked!!
9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? I borrowed a tip from a friend and made a huge list of what we like, and I refer to it when I get ready to plan my shopping. I like to cook a whole bunch of different things, from typical American food to some Hungarian food when it’s cold out, I like stir fries as well with either beef or chicken and lots of good veggies and brown rice!
10. Do any foods bring back good memories? My mom still makes some Finnish baked goods that rock, and my dad and his side of the family make wonderful Hungarian dishes that I’ve enjoyed my whole life!
9. Do any foods bring back bad memories? I still am not crazy about bananas. I think I ate one as a kid and later that day got a stomach bug… so I still associate that taste with getting sick. 😛
10. Do any foods remind you of someone? Sure, the Hungarian and Finnish foods I remember from childhood remind me of my parents and grandparents!
11. Is there a food you refuse to eat? I really don’t like mushrooms. I have tried and tried, so many times, but just cannot get past their texture.
12. What was your favorite food as a child? Mom’s fried rice, waffles, we ate a lot of baked chicken, LOVED chicken paprikas, LOVED the tacos my mom’s friend would occasionally make when they had us over for dinner.
13. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like? Strawberries! I couldn’t stand the taste, smell or texture, but then when I was pregnant with my son, I ate some and couldn’t stop! I still like them!
14. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate? Probably hot dogs.
15. Favorite fruit and vegetable: Watermelon (although I like ALL kinds of fruit) and probably red peppers cooked on the grill (although I really like many veggies too!).
16. Favorite junk food: Chips with sour cream and onion dip (dangerous), cheetos, combos (pizzeria pretzel), OH and candy bars… Kit Kat, Butterfinger, Reese’s PB cups, Twix… Needless to say I don’t buy these things, hardly ever… but usually indulge when we’re traveling.
17. Favorite between meal snack: Nuts, I get this cajun mix from our co-op that has peanuts, rice crackers, and sesame sticks, fruit leather, and if I’m motivated I’ll make some healthy cookies.
18. Do you have any weird food habits? I don’t like leftovers that much either! I don’t think I have weird habits but I do prefer juice watered down, I like it half and half actually. I like to use it to flavor the water.
19. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? I don’t diet. I’m nursing two kids and I’m starving all the time.
20 . You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? Since I don’t diet, I try to keep things balanced but we do spring for pepperoni pizza at times. Many favorites can be made more healthy by changing a few simple things. But if I’m going to have ice cream or something like that, it’s going to be the real thing. Same thing about chocolate, I get good dark stuff and just have a little bit.
21. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Usually mild because their version of mild is pretty hot to me!
22. Can I get you a drink? Some tea would be nice to unstuff my stuffy head… otherwise it’s usually plain water or some fruit juice sometimes. Been getting limeade from our co-op and for alcohol, I love beer, and mojitos rock if they are made well!
23. Red wine or white? Red! Especially a good, dry, hearty red.
24. Favorite dessert? It has to contain chocolate.
25. The perfect nightcap? Just a glass of water. I’m usually kind of thirsty at bedtime. I usually have a snack too, otherwise because my daughter is nursing steadily at night, I’ll wake up at 4 am hungry… so I eat a bowl or two of cereal before bed. Seriously, I’ve been starving lately!